Tuesday, October 15, 2013

tuesday workwear

tuesday workwear tuesday workwear tuesday workwear tuesday workwear

It has been so long since I've blogged that I feel a little rusty!  We had a 3 day weekend and just got back from Knott's Berry Farm late(ish) last night.  I threw this outfit together quickly this morning (I actually wore it last week too, so I knew I liked it).

These linen Talbot's pants have turned out to be real workhorses this fall season.  I'm wearing them much more now than I did in seasons past.  They just seem sort of dressy and work-y to me.  The top is one I purchased at Anthro over the summer, and I just broke it out last week.  I was waiting for fall weather to arrive.  I'm so happy with it, and plan to repeat this outfit quite a bit while the fall is still so warm.  And the clogs?  Those I bought for Faith over the summer (long story--originally I'd purchased some Swedish Hasbeens for her, which she loved, but the leather strap on those broke in the first week and we had to return them.  I got her these instead, but she didn't like them).  Aren't they cute?  I think they make the outfit.

I'm still doing a modified "capsule" wardrobe and I love it.  I love having fewer choices and it is interesting to see what I choose to have out and what I have no desire to wear (and stays packed up in trash bags in my studio).  I'll write more about this eventually.  I've had a lot of fun pondering my wardrobe, truth be told.

Outfit details:
pants:  Talbot's
top:  Anthro
clogs:  Lotta from Stockholm
watch:  Michael Kors
necklace:  thrifted

3 comments:

  1. I really like the top! I will be curious to hear more about your capsule wardrobe. Did you mention in a previous post? I have been reading Lessons from Madame Chic by Jennifer Scott and her theory of the 10 item wardrobe of French women. It'd kind of a fun/quick read and covers many different areas of life. I'm just working through the wardrobe, skin/beauty routines now. You might enjoy this book too (: Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the whole outfit and you're right the clogs really make it work.
    I'd also love to hear more about your capsule wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete